Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Madrona Home ... House of Whimsy

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of our little house.  Originally built in the '30's, it's newly remodeled, by Ryan, our talented Son -in-law.  I love the house, but I especially love that there is something in it from every significant person in my life.  My father made a little wooden bench, and my mother made some doileys, and crocheted blankets.   Teryn made lots of things.  I especially love the horse shoe toilet paper holders and towel racks.  I also have things that the kids made, Trish covered a clock with some roping ropes,.  There is a  candle holder cross on the wall that Teryn Lee gave me, and Clay made a beautiful railroad spike hat rack.  Ty even got in on it.  He made a gate latch for the house.  Teryn Lee once called me whimsical and he nailed it!  I love things that are a bit unexpected and make me smile.  I'm posting pictures of some of the whimsy at the house.  The door bell, my little flower garden that grew out of rotten cement, and some of the other items mentioned above.

No comments: