Monday, April 6, 2009

Look Who's Nifty!


Things have been busy, and I haven't been able to blog, but I wanted to catch up and write about my surprise birthday parties. The first party was a part of our Christmas White Elephant exchange when we got together for Teryn Lee and Holly's wedding. Ivy, my sister, brought the red hat and associated gear, and we had a lovely Christmas and birthday celebration all rolled into one. Teryn Lee came in a saw me with the red hat and said, "You're not going to wear that to the wedding are you?" I was awfully tempted!

At the time I thought I was celebrating with all my favorite people, but Teryn reminded me that I had quite a few other favorites. I didn't realize it then, but I got to celebrate my birthday with my other group of favorites too.

Every Saturday evening for the past 5 or so years, Teryn and I get together with a group and study the bible. As you can imagine, the group has become pretty close knit! Anyway, Tricia arranged to have a surprise birthday party for me at our chapel meeting. It was a complete surprise! Holly and Teryn Lee, Tricia and her kids, and all the chapel group helped to celebrate the occasion. My sweet, and talented, friend Karen even wrote a very special song for me! I can't say how blessed I am to have so many people that I love, and who love me back.

No comments: