Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fall is Here






It is beautiful here! We've had tons of rain, and the grass is knee high. The days are cool, and nights are very cool! Dale was over the other evening on "Fiddle" night, and we were joking around about his bald head getting cold! So Ty went and got his coon skin hat for Dale to wear! Yesterday Ty had a friend over. We packed up MiHijo with water, lunches, and gadgets and hiked to the creek for a picnic and some orienteering. Teryn set the 1st course, when I left to set the 2nd course, MiHijo wanted to go with me, so I let him. The problem was that my hands were full with the compass, pencil and paper, and the prizes. So I turned MiHijo loose, and he followed me just like the dogs...and Bacon. It was funny seeing him follow me up and down the steep banks of the creek - not because he had to, but because he wanted to! If I got too far ahead of him, he would bray to let me know that he wasn't sure where to go, so I have to backtrack to get him. In the pictures you'll see the guys eating their lunches, MiHijo following me, the boys sliding down an embankment, and MiHijo and me watching the boys play.

No comments: