Monday, August 13, 2007

Our Multi-Talented Pig


I've been wanting me to make a post about Bacon,a feral hog Teryn caught last spring. She has become quite a pet! Bacon follows us everywhere we go on the ranch, weather we walk or ride, she's always right there! In this picture she is helping Teryn gather cattle. Teryn teases the other cowboys that at least his 'cowhog' doesn't chase rabbits! The other morning the dogs were barking, and when Teryn looked out the window he saw a coyote (probably wanting to eat our 1 remaining hen for breakfast), anyway it was Bacon who chased it away! She also serves as "boar bait!" Twice we've had feral boars visiting at the house. We're pretty isolated out here, and it can be a little scary when I'm home alone, but the truth is I feel very safe with Bacon outside guarding things! She would intimidate anyone and make them go away!

3 comments:

Gledwood said...

Come on why don't you post up a photo (or better still a Youtube) of this ferral swine of yours I'm fascinated!
Wild pigs are really wily aren't they
and so FAST!!
They had them when I went to India
no wonder Indians don't generally eat pork
they're probably not FAST ENOUGH to CATCH IT!!!

Hey this is a great blog u got here!
I'm coasting in just at random...
NextBlog hopping ...
I'm at http://gledwood2.blogspot.com ... my daily online confessional... COME BY sometime!
HOPE TO SEE YOU there...
all the best

from

Gledwood
"Vol 2" ...

Gledwood said...

Hey I collect great blogs so I will give yours a shout on mine either later 2nite or tomorrow

Anonymous said...

She would intimidate anyone and make them go away!

___________________
Julie
Email Marketing Solutions