Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Perfect Day

Today is going to be The Perfect Day! Actually I have about 10 different perfect day scenarios, so this is only 1 in 10!
I already started some Ascedero cheese. 'Emma' came over the other day and showed me how to make it. This will be my 2nd batch. The first batch wasn't nearly as good as hers. But I've given it some thought, and have (maybe)figured out the glitches! I wrote an article on how to make Ascedero Cheese and plan to submit it to Mother Earth News and Country Woman Magazine in a couple of days - after I have played with cooking it a couple more times.
Anyway, I'll be finished with the cheese in about an hour, then I'll go play with MiHijo. We weaned him this week and he is lonesome, so I'll go 'bond' with him!
This afternoon, we'll go to Alpine. They are having Camp Meeting at Paisano Baptist Encampment. Camp Meeting started about 100 years ago to provide remote ranching families an opportunity to get together for praise and worship. The families would tie their milk cows to the backs of their wagons and head out, sometimes taking days to travel to Paisano. I wonder if I should take my milk goat? I'll have to think about that one! Anyway, once there, everyone camped out for 2 weeks and enjoyed fellowship and daily worship services. It became a sort of family reunion for many of the families. The tradition continues today, and we're going tonight! My friend Karen asked if I could stay after the worship service,and sing and play some old time gospel music on my mandoline. I can't wait - AND - I can hardly imagine a more perfect day than that!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love being able to get news from yall all the time, it makes me still feel connected to you even over all the miles that separate us!
We love yall
Dawn